Sunday, January 12, 2014

Din Tai Fung

Apart from the Xiao Long Bao, we also ordered 酸辣湯 (sour spicy soup) TWD80 for the smallest bowl of soup and shrimp fried brown rice (TWD200).


I don't think Din Tai Fung in Malaysia offers brown rice for fried rice. I like the taste and texture of the shrimp in this fried rice because it has a natural seafood sweetness and is not crunchy. I really, really dislike crunchy shrimps.


This bowl of soup is Sichuan (Szechuan) style hot (spicy) and sour soup. You can choose the degree of spiciness. It has strips of meat, tofu, black fungus, bamboo shoots in it and I like the crunchiness of the bamboo shoots. The sour taste of the soup makes it really appetising.

8 comments:

  1. Wah those prawns and soup look so yummy. Have to stop myself from salivating. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also salivating when I look at the photos, hehe.

      Delete
  2. Hmm the fried rice look something like what I had in a restaurant in ss2mall. Nice . But don't think it is brown rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, in M'sia, still hard to find places that serve brown rice as fried rice. May I know the name of the restaurant? TIA.

      Delete
  3. oh my, the prawns are making me salivating :)

    ReplyDelete