Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fiercer

I have read many posts about Fierce Curry House but did not have an opportunity to go there at Bangsar Utama. So when I happen to be in Publika, I seize the chance to eat at their outlet named Fiercer.

Complimentary Papadam

Drinks - Mango Lassi MYR7, Plain Lassi MYR6, Nescafe Iced Coffee MYR3.5, Teh O MYR2.5 and I like the plain lassi and think the mango lassi is a little bit on the sweet side. It tastes nicer when I drank both lassi together.

We ordered two sets of Mutton Biryani (MYR22 each), one set of Chicken Biryani (MYR20) and one set of Fish Biryani (MYR20).

I just took one photo of the mutton biryani when the cover is take off. The long grain basmati rice is very nicely cooked - soft but firmly retaining its long individual grain. This Hyderabadi Biryani tastes very good with all the spices used and the mutton inside is very tender. As I am a small eater the portion is too much for me and I have to let others finish it up for me.

I would prefer it to be a little less salty but when eaten together with the accompanying raita (condiment made with yogurt), curry and acar (pickled vegetables), the taste does not seem to be salty. So in summary, I can say that I am glad that I finally get to eat this famous biryani dish. With 10% service charge (no government tax), the total bill came to MYR113.30 for four persons, very reasonable for a meal of this quality.

Fierce Curry House
16 Jalan Kemuja, Bangsar Utama
019-383-0945 / 03-220-23456

Fiercer Publika
info@fiercecurryhouse.com
019-770-1945 / 03-62-1111-66

6 comments: