Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lau Sha Bao (流沙包)

I ate one of this bao during the special priced tea time session (3pm to 6pm) at Ying Ker Lou, The Curve. MYR5 for 2 baos in a bamboo basket. The size of the bao is smaller than the ones I had here but it is not that small until I can put the whole bao into my mouth as I wish to.

This time I was not careful and the "salted egg yolk lava" landed on my hand. It was really hot and scalded my hand slightly. We really need to be careful when eating this bao but it is delicious. Since the "lava" is so hot, I think it will be dangerous if the size is small enough for me to eat the whole bao in one mouthful. My throat and mouth would definitely be scalded then.

2 baos for MYR5

The "salted egg yolk lava" which looks a bit dry here because most of it has flowed out onto my hand, ouch!

13 comments:

  1. I love this pao, but must be careful eating it, the filling is super hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I've seen bloggers making these, it's soooooo good.. The custard oozing out and all.. I love this a lot, will always lick the custard first, teehee..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like lao sha bao...mudt be eaten warm .

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a coincidence. I just bought one for my girl but the pao is grey in color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So your daughter likes to eat this too?

      Delete
  5. I like this lo, especially when see the egg yolk lava flowing out, hehe!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was after reading in your blog that I craved for this. Went to a Taiwan restaurant and ordered this but it was sold out! So I just forgot about it. Now, you are tempting me again.... hmmph! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry! Hope you get to eat this soon. Must be popular to be sold out.

      Delete