Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sauce Price

Once of the best Penang Chee Cheong Fun (rice noodles)  in KL is served by a stall in O & S coffee shop at Paramount Garden, PJ. Whenever I go there I must order a plate of 2 "sheets" Chee Cheong Fun with prawn sauce (har gao) which will set me off MYR3 as 1 "sheet" costs MYR1.50 but I did not know that if I order it plain without any sauce, the same 1 "sheet" of Chee Cheong Fun will only cost me MYR0.80.

I only found out about this just recently after eating at this place so many times previously. This means that the prawn sauce costs MYR0.70 for each "sheet" of Chee Cheong Fun. How interesting.

2 "sheets" of Chee Cheong Fun with prawn sauce (har gao) and a bit of chili sauce on the side - MYR3 but as I asked for the prawn sauce to be put on the side as I only like to eat a little bit of the sauce and it was not done, I went to buy another "sheet" of plain Chee Cheong Fun (as shown below).

I ordered just 1 "sheet" of plain rice noodle but the owner asked me to please buy two as one "sheet" only costs 80 cents so I said ok. Total price is MYR1.60 for two "sheets" without any sauce. So you know what to do if you are really keen to scrimp and save. ;p

22 comments:

  1. There's a stall selling similar CCF at Taiping, self service one, hehe... Taste good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self service means you get to cut the sheet of CCF yourself too?

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I know Pg ccf has har-kou in it.. But I still prefer the classic ccf, with tim cheong or curry gravy, keke.. I usually like mine in tim cheong..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to that too - just a bit of tim cheong will do for me. Don't want a lot.

      Delete
  3. Felt so hungry now, haven't have any ccf this week, later I go buy, hehe!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to this O & S. Can't remember if I had the chee cheong fan - maybe yes - the first time I was there. Penang style - with the rojak sauce. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. The same stall gives rojak or peanut sauce too.

      Delete
  5. There's a stall at Bt. Timah Food Centre CCF which i like, if i didn't eat there, i will tabao bavk...

    ReplyDelete
  6. CCF is so pricey nowadays.

    Now i geram ..i go pasar buy. 10 sheet only rm2.50. Buy one packet of sauce RM1.50(can keep and bancuh many times and get a paket of sesame seed 50 sens (also can keep and reused).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pasar ones you buy - are they nice? Some I bought from pasar in bulk can have a little gluey taste.

      Yes pricey but nice to eat so eat lor, hehehe.

      Delete
  7. hey, this is something new to me too!! the "har gou" sauce cost RM0.70 for every piece of CCF?? that's expensive lah.. how about those normal dark sauce, chargeable or not??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauces provided by this CCF stall are only prawn paste (har gao), Indian rojak/satay peanut sauce and chili paste. Normal dark sauce is not available. One sheet of CCF with any or all the sauces costs MYR1.50 (2 sheets ccf = 2x1.5 = 3) but one sheet of plain CCF is MYR0.80 only. The stall does not charge for the sauces separately. I derived from the above that sauces cost 70cents per sheet of CCF.

      Delete
  8. Yes, nowadays they won't sell anything below 1rm.. sure will ask you to order two sheets like in popiah same.. some put there minimum two pieces.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, I think it is quite true.

      Delete
  9. Hehehe good trick! Never thought of it. I do like this coffee shop but parking is horrendous .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha not a trick lah. Actually I only want a tiny bit of sauce will do. Never thought plain CCF is so much cheaper. The parking here although many cars but I can find a vacant car park space everytime I come here but need to wait for seats at O&S sometimes for a long time.

      Delete
  10. Miss this kinda cheap and good CCF. Over here, we only get to eat CCF in Hong Kong char chan teng and they cost a whopping RM12-15 per plate of about 10 small rolls. But their sauce is quite special and tasty...besides the sweet sauce, they also put creamy peanut sauce which is very aromatic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one in o & s also has peanut sauce. Just you must eat more ccf when you are back for a visit.

      Delete