Monday, October 5, 2015

Sushi Jiro

I wanted to go for sushi at Sushi Zanmai but when I saw that many tables were occupied with customers waiting for their food to be served and the conveyor belt did not have any plates of sushi on it, I changed my mind because I was hungry and did not want to wait. So I decided to risk it by eating at a fast and affordable new sushi place.

Salmon sushi, aburi salmon sushi, ebiko gunkan (very salty as expected).

Aburi (seared) salmon belly with sauce

Salmon with cheese

Salmon with black pepper

A plate costs MYR3.38 but if you eat 5 plates or more, it is MYR2.99 per plate so I consumed 6 plates of sushi all by myself. Although the sushi was tiny and the slice of salmon on top was very thin, I was still very full. I can taste lots of sushi vinegar in the rice so I was quite thirsty after that. 

I like to eat seared salmon sushi so I was aiming for these. If Sushi Mentai has aburi salmon sushi, I would like to go try too.

6 plates = MYR2.99x6 = MYR17.95 nett. I will be back to eat 5 plates of aburi salmon sushi when the cravings attack.

Sushi Jiro - open plan fast and simple sushi place

32 comments:

  1. Sushi Zanmai is like forever packed with people and then people lining up outside to get in, hahahaha, at least that's the many times of observation whenever i passed by any.. luckily don't really fancy sushi hence i always opt for her sister, Pasta Zanmai, haha.. anyway, RM2.99 per plate (GST incl) in this Sushi Jiro seems okay to try..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you can save money if you don't fancy sushi.

      Delete
  2. Salmon with cheese, this one looks new to me, but every time I just goes to the normal one, I like tamago, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to get used to eating sushi from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you had. I love salmon sushi too and this will go well with me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sushi Zanmai is forever packed unless you go during very offpeak hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That day no q but everyone is waiting for their food.

      Delete
  6. I love all the sushi you had, looked so tasty, I had a craving for sushi recently

    Maybe I should have some tomorrow, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cheap, and all that salmon. My girl would love that, her favourite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shots Mun.. they all look so great,, never had a chance to eat a sushi but I always find it intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  9. The salmon with cheese looks good.. I think I can eat 10 of that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Which sushi joint doesn't have seared salmon sushi? I think all would have as it's one of the most common sushi. If you say seared salmon belly sushi, that I've not come across in Sushi Mentai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't know because I have never been to all sushi joints. :)

      Delete
  11. Sushi jiro, sushi zanmai, paste zanmai, rakuzen, Hokkaido ichiba, ozen zanmai all is same company

    ReplyDelete
  12. RM2.99 per plate for 5 plates and above is a good deal. I would definitely eat more than 5. If you can do 6 plates, I think I can easily double that hee..hee,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can easily eat 20 plates since this sushi is quite small.

      Delete
  13. Thirsty means got MSG issit?

    Good ploy to get people to take more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessarily. I also get thirsty when I eat natural food like tomatoes a lot.

      Delete
  14. HB once tapao sushi from here before. I thought their sushi is good and price wise is affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I did not know they have option to tapao. If like that, do they still charge 2.99 per plate since can tapao many plates?

      Delete
  15. I saw this outlet but was shy to sit there to eat with passer bys walking.
    The plate designs are so nice and made your food look delicious and well presented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I did not know that you are so shy since you can jump so high to take photos with passer bys walking.

      Delete
  16. RM 2.99 can give Sushi Mentai a run for their money already. And since you get so many salmon plates, nice!

    ReplyDelete