Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Tri Colours

During working days, I have been to this eatery 3 times with my co-workers but I won't be eating here anymore because I have been to Taiwan frequently to eat the delicious food there so I prefer to eat local food during lunch nowadays. I was surprised when my order turned out to be the above - MYR10.90+ 6% GST = about MYR11.60 - an amount which I think could be better spent elsewhere.

I have eaten the soup version before and this time I wanted to order the same thing but it seems that I wrote down the wrong item number on the order chit. My mistake so I had to eat them.

The meaning of the 3 colours, The green dumpling does not contain any meat. It has tofu, mushrooms, green vegetables as its filling instead.

These dumplings were just steamed, not grilled like gyoza. The skin is quite thin and I prefer the skin to be thick and chewy. The filing for the chicken dumpling (white) is too soft and finely minced so I like it the least. The other two were just average, not worth ordering again but vegetarians wanting to eat dumplings could order the green one.


Located at the Sphere.

18 comments:

  1. I had steamed ones too, in my blogpost tomorrow - 6 for RM5 but of course, not so colourful and the filling's not as nice as these as well...plus the skin was thick and chewy, probably the way you'd like it, not me. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the ones you had were boiled. I read your post and you are right. I will like those - the skin looks thick and delicious!

      Delete
  2. Quite pricey for the 6 dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not cheap wor the dumplings.. If it's steamed, then it's like sui kow lor.. If the texture is like gyoza, nicer..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But sui kow is boiled not steamed. I find thm expensive too.

      Delete
  4. they actually look good to me, especially when I see their colors, kind of appetizing actually, haha.. but errr, you are true and I agree with you, surely more delicious (and authentic) and even cheaper having these so called (localized) Taiwanese food in Taiwan..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure cheaper or not but definitely more delicious when eating them in Taiwan.

      Delete
  5. I like Gyoza but they are not cheap. I too prefer them chewy. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gyoza is never chewy, those that I ate before in Japan and here.

      Delete
  6. Actually I felt this from your previous post already: If I see a Taiwanese restaurant that openly declare "Malaysian origin", I will already avoid them like the plague...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are smart! For working lunch I follow the herd only.

      Delete
  7. I actually prefer those dumplings that are pan-fried on one side, not just steamed.....but I do like them with thin skin though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means you like gyoza because wor tip/guo tie/ pot stickers usually have thick skin.

      Delete
  8. that's really cute and certainly fun to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks pretty good actually. If only they'd arranged it a bit nicer on the plate, will look like the menu picture.

    ReplyDelete