Wednesday, August 30, 2017

HK Egg Waffle

After lunch, while walking around the food court in Pavilion, I saw this kiosk. I have wanted to try 雞蛋仔from HK for quite a while now but have never dared to order it when I saw that there were no other customers because I was afraid that the ingredients will not be "fresh" if the turnaround is not good.

For this kiosk, there were many customers waiting for their orders so I placed and paid for my order and waited for my number to be shown on the electronic display.

While waiting, I watched them make the egg waffle that I ordered: A salted egg yolk egg waffle and a purple sweet potato mochi egg waffle. 

Then they will put the egg waffle to cool down on the racks.

Two to go. Must eat them fast or they won't be crispy anymore. Now I understand why this snack is so addictive because it is very easy to eat and tasty too, especially the one with the salted egg yolk.

Salted egg yolk egg waffle - MYR8.80 nett. Purple sweet potato mochi - MYR7.90 nett. Good to share with a few people as dessert after a main meal.

19 comments:

  1. We have these here but I never got down to trying. The bubbles remind me of those foot reflexology slippers. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, now that you mentioned it, it sure looks like those slippers.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if this Salted Egg Yolk is from the duck?
    I always love anything with salted eggs. They are tasty and fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be from a hen. Yes, food with salted eggs are almost always tasty and fragrant.

      Delete
  3. I have tried this outlet but not on the salted egg version. Hmmnn...mayb I should get the salted egg one next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is their special! I think it is new.

      Delete
    2. I have just tried! taste good, just like custard bun.

      Delete
  4. Saw this egg waffle from food channel on tv. I would like the salted egg version as I think the normal flavour would taste like normal waffle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is my girl's favourite! I also like.. .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this at Sunway Pyramid. Always long queue so I lazy to wait. I always tell myself maybe next time wont have so many people but it gets worse with more and more people. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whenever I see long queue, I know that the food must be good! I haven't tried this yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no queue, just people sitting around waiting for their order to be ready.

      Delete
  8. I tried this once in HK. Nothing that special but nice enough. I haven't tried any here yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if try, must try the ones with customers, and must eat immediately.

      Delete