Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Twice a Day

Recently I was in Taipei for just 36 hours so I make good use of my limited time there by eating all my favourite food.

As mentioned in 2014, this is my favourite shaved ice with just 3 toppings - lotus seeds, yam cubes and peanuts with no syrup added to the ice shavings at TWD 100 (MYR 13.40 nett). Back in 2014, the price was TWD 70 for 3 toppings so prices for food have also increased overseas, not only locally.

My friend and I also shared two glutinous rice balls at TWD 80 nett (MYR 10.75 nett). The hot tea is foc.

We ate the above at about 10.35 am after the eatery opened at 10.30 am.

Later in the evening, I have another round of shaved ice before I leave the country. This time instead of peanuts, I chose white fungus which looks like shaved ice in the photo above. The price is the same for 3 toppings - TWD 100 nett.

Second round at 7.35 pm on the same day. I requested for no added syrup to the shaved ice too.

20 comments:

  1. I like yam so I will like the yam cubes, but I would prefer with syrup

    ReplyDelete
  2. My! My! That certainly was what people call a flying visit, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what people call it but it was sure a fast visit.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is a short trip in Taipei but good that you get to enjoy the food you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am happy that I made full use of that 1 day on just food. :)

      Delete
  4. Reminds me of Snowflake. :) So you travel frequently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the yam cubes and lotus seeds and peanuts are not as delicious in Snowflake. No, I seldom travel.

      Delete
  5. Wow! You are jet setter who flew there just to enjoy food for 36 hours. Orang kaya! hihihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well some called me a fool for wasting air tickets like that.

      Delete
    2. I think you wouldn't waste your ticket. You might have hidden agenda.

      Delete
    3. thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  6. what a short trip! it reminds me of my bkk trip few years ago (<24 hour). The shaved ice looks good, I dun mind having it twice a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You did a day trip to bkk! I don't like day trip that needs to fly because it is very tiring.

      Delete
  7. We will really feel happy when our thoughts comes true. Like wise it must be a wonderful day for you to have your favorite dishes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the 1st shaved ice and the glutinous rice balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so you like peanuts instead of white fungus.

      Delete
  9. Wah glutinous rice balls looks huge and good. I love glutinous rice balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan and Ayden are old enough for you to plan a trip with them to Taiwan!

      Delete